Dexcom Continuous Glucose Monitoring Systems
Continuous Glucose Monitoring (CGM) systems provide real-time glucose readings, throughout the day and night, allowing people with diabetes to know their glucose levels and trends with a touch of a button. CGM is a unique technology that has been proven through clinical studies to help improve diabetes management and clinical outcomes as well as maintain that improvement over time. If CGM is worn on a near-daily basis, the on-going benefits are:
- Reduction in Haemoglobin A1c without increasing low blood glucose events1
- Reduced time spent in the high and low glucose ranges1
- Reduced events of severe hypoglycaemia (<3.1mmol/L)1
- More time in your target glucose ranges1
- The need for blood glucose meter calibrations is eliminated, meaning you can make treatment decisions with zero fingerpricks*!
- Slimmer+ and water-resistant sensor indicated for 10-day sensor wear!
- Approved for use on an Apple or Android compatible smart device^
- Patients can share their data with up to 5 followers/loved ones
- Approved for use in children 2 years and older
- Customised alarms with a fixed 3.1 mmol/L hypo alert feature
- Compatible with Tandem t:slim X2 Insulin Pump with Basal-IQ Technology
NEW Dexcom G6
Dexcom G6 is the latest technology in the Dexcom continuous glucose monitoring (CGM) range.
More information at www.nzmsdiabetes.co.nz
1. JDRF CGM Study Group. Diabetes Care. 2009. 32(11): 2047-2049. ^For a list of compatible devices, visit www.dexcom.com/compatibility. Dexcom updates its compatibility list regularly. Important: Please review specific OS range set(s) to determine compatibility prior to purchasing Dexcom G6. We also recommend turning "auto-install updates" off in order to avoid compatibility issues when operating system platforms are rolled out. +The Dexcom G6 Sensor and Transmitter are water resistant and may be submerged under eight feet (2.4 metres) of water for up to 24 hours without failure when properly installed.