Dexcom Continuous Glucose Monitoring Systems
Continuous Glucose Monitoring (CGM) systems provide real-time glucose readings, throughout the day and night, allowing people with diabetes to know their glucose levels and trends with a touch of a button. CGM is a unique technology that has been proven through clinical studies to help improve diabetes management and clinical outcomes as well as maintain that improvement over time. If CGM is worn on a near-daily basis, the on-going benefits are:
- Reduction in Haemoglobin A1c without increasing low blood glucose events1
- Reduced time spent in the high and low glucose ranges1
- Reduced events of severe hypoglycaemia (<3.1mmol/L)1
- More time in your target glucose ranges1
- The need for blood glucose meter calibrations is eliminated, meaning you can make treatment decisions with zero fingerpricks*!
- Slimmer+ and water-resistant sensor indicated for 10-day sensor wear!
- Approved for use on an Apple or Android compatible smart device^
- Patients can share their data with up to 5 followers/loved ones
- Approved for use in children 2 years and older
- Customised alarms with a fixed 3.1 mmol/L hypo alert feature
- Compatible with Tandem t:slim X2 Insulin Pump with Basal-IQ Technology
NEW Dexcom G6
Dexcom G6 is the latest technology in the Dexcom continuous glucose monitoring (CGM) range.
Dexcom G5 Mobile
Dexcom G5 Mobile is the first mobile-connected CGM system and is suitable for adults and children as young as two years of age. The device offers wireless Bluetooth technology housed in the device transmitter that allows glucose information to be displayed directly onto a smart phone freeing users from the need to always carry a separate receiver and providing for greater convenience and discretion.
- Fully mobile system - CGM results displayed directly on compatible Apple smart device.
- Share - allows up to 5 followers to remotely monitor patient’s glucose data as well as view alerts and alarms.
- No more need for confirmatory finger prick testing* - dosing decisions can be made directly from Dexcom G5 Mobile CGM data saving users a significant number of fingerprick tests. Two fingerpricks are required per day for calibration.
- Alerts and Alarms - users automatically warned when glucose levels go too high or low.
More information at www.nzmsdiabetes.co.nz
* If your glucose alerts and readings do not match your symptoms or expectations, you should obtain a fingerprick. 1. JDRF CGM Study Group. Diabetes Care. 2009. 32(11): 2047-2049.
Dexcom G4 PLATINUM