BioZorb™ - 3D bioabsorbable marker
BioZorbTM is a 3D bioabsorbable polylacticacid (PLA) helix tissue marker used for radiographic marking of soft tissue sites such as breast lumpectomies, allowing for more targeted radiation therapy and reduced treatment times.
- Implantable at the time a breast lumpectomy is preformed – less than 5 minutes to insert.
- Readily visible with all breast imaging modalities – Ultrasound, Mammography, CT imaging, MRI.
- BioZorbTM facilitates Targeted Beam Radiotherapy (TBRT) providing more accurate delineation of the margins post lumpectomy.
- Accelerated partial breast regimen using BioZorbTM in TBRT decreases treatment time.
- Significant reduction in Planned Treatment Volumes (PTV).
- Excellent cosmetic outcomes.
- FDA approved.
Updated ASTRO Guideline expands pool of suitable candidates for accelerated partial breast irradiation.