Dexcom G6 CGM available in New Zealand
Posted May 11, 2020.
Revolutionary new CGM system eliminates routine fingerpricks* for people with diabetes and is nearly one-third slimmer than previous generation.
NZMS Diabetes is excited to announce the powerful and revolutionary Dexcom G6 Continuous Glucose Monitoring System (CGM) is available in New Zealand for people with diabetes ages 2 years and up.
New with Dexcom G6:
- Fingerprick Elimination – No fingerpricks are needed for calibration or diabetes treatment decisions.*
- Easy Sensor Applicator – Complete redesign of the sensor applicator allows for one-touch, simple insertion.
- Predictive Low Alert – New alert feature predicts hypoglycaemia before it hits to help avoid dangerous low blood sugar events.
- Extended 10-Day Sensor – 10-day sensor allows for 43% longer wear than previous generation Dexcom CGMs.
- Discreet and Low Profile – A redesigned transmitter with a 28% lower profile than previous generation Dexcom CGMs makes the device comfortable and easy to wear under clothing.
- Paracetamol Blocking – New feature that enables Paracetamol use without any effect on glucose readings.†
Dexcom G6 carries forward important features of current Dexcom CGM systems:
- Continuous Glucose Readings – Automatically sends glucose readings to a Dexcom receiver or compatible smart device every five minutes.
- Mobile App and Sharing – Compatibility with smart device apps allows for sharing glucose information with up to five people for added support. ǂ
- Customisable Alarms and Alerts – Personalised alert schedule immediately warns the wearer of pending dangerous high and low blood sugars.
*If your glucose alerts and readings from the G6 do not match symptoms or expectations, use a blood glucose meter to make diabetes treatment decisions. ǂG6 readings can be used to make diabetes treatment decisions when taking up to a maximum acetaminophen dose of 1,000mg every six hours. Taking a higher dose may affect the G6 readings. †To view a list of compatible devices, visit www.dexcom.com/compatibility